Cleanup Supplies Checkout
With our Beach Keepers program you can checkout supplies for your group to host your own cleanup.
In addition to our regularly scheduled cleanups of beaches, creeks, and parks throughout SLO County, we now invite others to take a lead on the effort. If you are interested in hosting your own cleanup within SLO County but lack the supplies, look no further, ECOSLO is here to help.
To plan a cleanup, simply:
- Coordinate with a group of 15 or more volunteers
- Pick a day and time
- Select a site
- Let ECOSLO know of your plans ahead of time (minimum two week notice)
Requirements of cleanup:
- All volunteers participate in brief pre- and post- cleanup survey. Can be made available in handouts or online.
- All volunteers record the trash they collect on data cards that are provided. This allows us to track debris levels at various sites year over year.
- To support staff time in communicating with and organizing supplies for your group, we ask for a minimum Donation Amount of $100
- To receive a plastic pollution presentation from ECOSLO staff – either during a lunch-and-learn at your organization, or at the cleanup itself, please see the ‘Request a Speaker‘ section of the Beach Keepers program.
We will provide supplies as we are able. These supplies include data cards & pencils, 5 gallon buckets, bags, litter grabbers, and safety information. We will fill every order to the best of our ability depending on quantities available. Please notify us at least two weeks prior, so we can properly allocate staff/volunteer time and ensure we can coordinate getting supplies to you. Keep in mind – the more notice we have from you, the better!